I came across this on Facebook the other day and thought it was pretty funny. I mean, unless you're an elite runner or a cross country person, you've probably had at least one of these thoughts.
The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances
But there is another reason I run that is not funny. I run to fight cancer.
Not only does running in itself fight cancer by providing a more healthy, cancer-fighting temple (aka, my body), I also run with the DetermiNation program through the American Cancer Society.
I'm running in honor and memory of the loved ones in my life who have fought cancer. Some have lost and others have won, but the battle is ongoing and we're not there yet.
This year, I celebrated my 30th birthday. To continue the celebration, I vowed to raise 30 donations of $100 (or some combination of that) for a total of $3,000 in the fight against cancer. Right now, I'm at $1,815!
Click here to make a donation and join the fight today!
No comments:
Post a Comment