Saturday, August 31, 2013

Rain, rain, go away!

Stupid rain. It kept me from going to Ravinia for the first time ever last night and this morning, it stopped me from running. OK. I stopped me from running this morning, but like Milli Vanilli, I'm blaming it on the rain.

(Who remembers Milli Vanilli? My brother and I LOVED Milli Vanilli back in the day. We didn't care that they weren't actually singing.)



I will run in sprinkles. Sometimes it's actually very refreshing to run when there's a little mist out. But thunderstorms and lightning? No thank you. Not for 12 miles.

So, now I'm sitting in my room waiting for this storm to pass so I can lace up my shoes and hit the pavement. And I will hit the pavement. Why? Because I'm running to fight cancer.

I have received donations from many very generous people and I owe it to all of you to give it all I've got. If you've been keeping up with my blog, you know I've struggled to get into a routine and really stick to training. But you also know I've recently become very motivated to finish.

One of the reasons for that motivation is I'm in the middle of planning my final fundraiser of the year, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Lake County. Through the planning process, I have met many cancer survivors, heard their stories and been moved by their fight.

You will read more about these people once I have their permission to write about them. In the meantime, check out my earlier blog posts about my dad, grandma Maggie, grandma Ana Marie, Grandpa Harry, Uncle Steve and Auntie Annie. There are many more stories to tell so stay tuned!

Click here for more about how you can join the fight against cancer by making a donation to my "30 for 30" campaign in support of the American Cancer Society today!

No comments:

Post a Comment