Thursday, January 30, 2014

Running to support breakthroughs in the cancer fight

So, I'm sure a few of you are wondering why I decided to run for the American Cancer Society. I have written about this before, and if you feel like it, you can go ahead and scroll aaaaaallll the way back to early 2013 for the personal motivators that got me involved in the first place.

However, there's a pretty simple explanation as to why I support (and now work for) this nonprofit organization. Over the past 100 years, the American Cancer Society has invested a lot of money - raised by people like me and contributed by donors like you - in fighting cancer and, despite some public opinion to the contrary, there have been many breakthroughs as a result.

I could write a lot, but a picture is worth 1,000 words and a timeline is even better. So check out this timeline. It goes back over the past 100 years to show you exactly what kinds of breakthroughs have been made possible through the fundraising efforts of the society's supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment