Monday, February 3, 2014

You win some, you lose some

I engaged in an epic battle on Saturday. It was a battle between my face and the street.

I lost.

There are dangers to walking and running in the snow. I had recently completed the F^3 Half Marathon and kept my footing steady over ice patches, through mud and slush and against cold - bitterly cold - winds.

So, naturally, I thought I had this whole walking in the snow and ice thing in the bag as well.

Turns out, I didn't. I don't recall every moment of this battle, but I do recall seeing the El then seeing black, feeling my face slide on the street and tasting nasty, disgusting, dirty salt on my lip.

Thankfully, I was with friends who took care of my bloodied face in the bathroom of a nearby sub shop.

What does this have to do with cancer and running, you ask? Well, for starters, my face is swollen and sore, which means I can't run because every step I take hurts my face. That's annoying.

And the fact that I'm not running and had plans to alternate blog posts between running stories and cancer stories means I had no weekend run about which to blog. Also annoying.

So, you get this random peek into my normal, clumsy life. Enjoy.

And no, I won't be posting any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment