Friday, April 18, 2014

Fitness Friday: What If Everybody Ran?

Those of you who know me know I love to run. It's a habit I developed later in life, but one I haven't quit in three years. That's longer than my rock collecting days. Longer than my jewelry making, sewing, painting, sketching ... you get the point. And I do all those things from time to time, still, but I run. A lot.

Now, I normally wouldn't use my blog to promote an advertising campaign, but this is so much more than that. It brings with it a level of awareness I've never seen before. And the message is powerful. Kudos to the team that put this together.

Mizuno is a company that supports runners and sells shoes and apparel. They commissioned a statistical analysis to find out what the impact would be if everybody ran. You can find their results in a cool, interactive format here.

These are my favorite stats (with my own little comments in the margins):

Up to 48,081,000 fewer cigarettes smoked daily. (DAILY. And if you keep up with cancer news, you know the link between smoking and cancer. If you don't, you should, so click the link.)

135 Million more victory beers. (Bottom's up, y'all!)

20 percent stronger memory. (So we can all remember that time we did that thing we wish we could forget.)

10 percent more earning potential. (The better to make it rain.)

32 percent better sleep. (No. More. Raccoon eyes!)

Up to $25 billion increase in GDP. (We need more DP Gd in this country.)

If you don't want to take the time to check out their site. At least watch this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment