Last week I caught you up to speed on how I started running in Naperville. Now, let's talk a little bit more about how I became involved with the DetermiNation committee.
DetermiNation has many events to pump up participants and give them ideas to maximize fundraising. I just had to decide where I wanted to go. I live near the city, but I work in the suburbs ... decisions, decisions.
I saw that the suburban kick-off event was going to be held at Naperville Running Company. Wanting to pay another visit to my old stomping grounds, I decided to go to the suburban kick off.
There, I met Maggie Kluck and Jeff Volin, the leaders of the DetermiNation committee for the western suburbs. I asked questions and Jeff convinced me to attend a committee meeting to get more involved and make some new friends.
I'm so glad I did. I was given the chance to design the spectator guide for the Rock 'N' Roll Half and Chicago Marathon. It was nice to be able to flex my design muscles again after a year-long hiatus.
This year, I'm glad to be with the committee from the start. We're getting ready for a lot of great things over the next few months and hoping to recruit more runners and volunteers along the way.
To sum it all up, I had two marathon options and originally planned to run the Chicago Marathon in October. But, all roads lead to destiny and my destiny is the Naperville Marathon.
Ready to show your support? Click here.
Oh ya, the usual disclaimer: the website is acting funny and when you search my name "Lesley Valadez" it says the page is for the half marathon program. That's being worked out, but you can rest assured your donations are going where they're supposed to in the end.
I made an appearance in you blog :) Its like im famous!
ReplyDeleteYou read my blog, it's like I'M famous. Haha.
ReplyDeleteYou actually made two appearances. Double famous ;)
ReplyDelete